Safeguarding and Child Protection
Mr Fernando Persio
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Hugh Myddelton takes its responsibilities to protect its children from all forms of abuse very seriously. We have in place a safeguarding team, and have developed multiple policies and approaches to guarantee children's safety.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/912593/Keeping_children_safe_in_education_part_1_Sep_2020.pdf
- Information Sharing Information sharing: advice for practitioners providing safeguarding services to children, young people, parents and carers https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/721581/Information_sharing_advice_practitioners_safeguarding_services.pdf
- What to do if you’re Worried a Child is being Abused
- Guidance for Safer Working Practice for Adults who Work with Children and Young People in Education Settings - Safer Recruitment Consortium, 2015
- Mental Health & Behaviour in Schools Mental health and behaviour in schools - Publications - GOV.UK
- Teachers Standards 2012 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/teachers-standards
- Safeguarding Disabled Children – Practice Guidance - DOH, 2009 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/safeguarding-disabled-children-practice-guidance
Multi-Agency Team Around the School
We work closely with multiple Government agencies and charities to ensure the safety of our pupils.
Keeping Children Safe from Extremism and Radicalisation
If you are concerned about keeping children safe from extremism and radicalisation then please read the following booklet, which has been produced by Islington Council.